Stay Clean and Safe with a Walk In Tub
Prevent Bathroom Falls- Bathroom falls are common, and the incidence is only increasing. Falls are a threat to an individual's health and independence. Falls significantly impact a person's ability to remain self-sufficient in their home. The Center for Disease Control reports that one of every three adults over the age of 65 falls each year. 20%-30% of these falls result in moderate to severe injuries, including fractures, brain injuries and internal injuries. Most falls happen within the home.
How Independent Home Products, LLC Helps To Keep People Safe From Bathroom Falls
All of the staff at Independent Home Products, LLC are caring experts in bathroom safety, and we make the safety of our customers our number one priority as we design and manufacture walk in bath tubs and walk in showers. Each walk in tub is custom molded in our own NY facility to fit your needs. We also offer wider models for full figured clients.
Our tubs offer the following safety features:
- Wheelchair accessibility
- Grab bars in appropriate places
- Comfortable seating
- Low threshold for easy entry and exit
- Power speed drain – drains in 1-2 minutes!
- Temperature controlled – allows you to limit your maximum temperature
Other Ways to Prevent Bathroom Falls
- Remove objects that can be tripped over
- Keep the bathroom floor dry
- Install grab bars in the shower, tub and next to the toilet
- Use non slip strips on shower floors and bathtub floors
- Improve your restroom lighting
- Keep items in cabinets and closets within easy reach
- Use a rubber backed bath mat outside of the shower or tub